Friday, 27 January 2017

Changes To Driving In France

Windscreen stickers which show a vehicle's emissions levels have become a legal requirement in several key French cities including Paris.

British drivers heading to the French capital are advised by the RAC that driving without a French 'clean air' sticker - which costs as little as £3.20 - makes them culpable for an on-the-spot fine of up to £117.

Drivers of non-French-registered vehicles though, have been offered a degree of leniency - given until March 31 to fully comply with the Crit'Air initiative. An English language section of the government website responsible for stickers launches on February 1.

The scheme in Paris began on January 15, while those in Lyon and Grenoble have been running since the start of the year.

Thursday, 26 January 2017

Child car seats: Will you be affected by rule changes?

Please be aware of the changes which will come into force in March of this year, Click Here

Sunday, 22 January 2017

Changes To Speed Limits In The Flemish Region Of Belgium

With effect from 01 Jan 17 a change to the speed limits within the Flemish Region of Belgium came into force.  The general speed limits within Belgium are as follows:

50km/h (31mph) - Within built up areas.

70 km/h (43 mph) - Outside built up areas in the Flemish Region wef 01 Jan 17.

90 km/h (56 mph) - Outside built up areas in the Wallonia Region and the Brussels Capital Region.

120 km/h (75 mph) – On roads with at least two lane roadways separated by a median and on freeways.

The limits shown above apply only if no other signs present, as the signs may prescribe a lower or higher speed limit.

The Flemish Region consists of five Provinces (West Flanders, East Flanders, Antwerp, Flemish Brabant and Limburg) and all are located to the North of Belgium and surround the Capital – Brussels.

Sponsor EJSU SHAPE MTWO Ext 3563

Friday, 20 January 2017

Overseas Assignment – Exporting And Importing Private Motor Vehicles

On Assignment to JFC Brunssum; a vehicle out of the UK, highlights the requirement of taking a UK-registered vehicle out of the country for 12 months or more (also known as permanent export). The following action needs to be taken:

Tell DVLA before you leave by filling in the V5C/4 ‘notification of permanent export’ section of your V5C registration certificate (logbook).

Send it to DVLA and include a letter if you’ve moved abroad and want your vehicle tax refund sent to your new address.

Keep the rest of your V5C registration certificate – you will need this to register your vehicle abroad.

You must update the address on your driving licence.

On Repatriation to the UK on Completion of an Overseas Tour of Duty; vehicles into the UK from the EU, highlights the requirement of importing vehicles into the UK. The following action needs to be taken:

Tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) within 14 days that the vehicle has arrived in the UK. Please note you can’t register the vehicle until you’ve done this and you can be fined £5 for every day you’re late telling HMRC!!!

Tell HMRC by using the Notification of Vehicle Arrivals (NOVA) service. You’ll need a Government Gateway Account (https;//
Pay VAT and Duty if HMRC tells you to. 

Get vehicle approval to show your vehicle meets safety and environmental standards.
Register and tax the vehicle with DVLA – they’ll give you a registration number so you can get the number plates. 

You must insure your vehicle before you drive it on UK roads. 

For Tax Free PMVs the new registration (V5 copy) must be forwarded immediately to Vehicle Registration Office, JFC HQ Brunssum, Postbus 270, 6440 AG Brunssum – email: or fax: 0031455262941. 
This is too ensure that the PMV is cleared through Tax & Customs Office (Netherlands).

Sponsor Head of Location Ext 2506

Sunday, 15 January 2017

Changes in Buy to Let Mortgages from Defence Minister

Personnel redeployed within the UK will now be able to rent out their homes without facing higher costs or having to change their mortgage to a buy-to-let.
Click Here for further information

Monday, 9 January 2017

Supporting the Unsung Hero

Courses held at SHAPE in January or February 2017.  Please get in touch with the 
University to register your interest.

Friday, 6 January 2017

Forces Discount

Don't forget to check what discounts you can get, please Click Here

Thursday, 5 January 2017